The objectives are based on the ten-year (2001-2010) KETENGAH Strategic Planning with the aims of:
- Producing at least 5,000 “Ketengah – MAN” or simply K-Man with an average monthly income of not less than RM2,000, a personal computer in every home, minimum education up to SPM, children pursuing studies at higher learning institutions, possessing a car and a commendable personality.
- Focusing on the development of entrepreneurs with the goal of increasing the income of every head of household to at least RM1,000.
- Making scenic areas in the KETENGAH Region such as the Kenyir Lake leading tourist destinations in Southeast Asia.
- Producing a KETENGAH community who are computer literate so that the knowledge gained can be applied in various fields of work.
- Creating opportunities for market-driven business in various fields including resource-based fields and services to produce entrepreneurs in the KETENGAH Region.
- Creating employment opportunities with the growth of small and medium industries (SMIs) and also heavy industries.
- Providing education and training facilities for the people to improve and equip them with the knowledge and skills to be more competitive.
- Continuing the provision of physical facilities to enhance the quality of life while creating entrepreneurs in construction and maintenance.
- Implementing a new approach for human development based on explicit goals to complement the programme to produce the K-Man.
- To promote, stimulate, facilitate and undertake economic and social development in central Terengganu.
- To promote, stimulate, facilitate and undertake the development of housing, agriculture, industries and trade in central Terengganu.
- To oversee and coordinate the activities stated above in central Terengganu.